My Facebook account is posting links on the walls of my friends and I didn’t do it. How do I un-hack my account so that this does not happen anymore?
Probably what happened is that someone got a hold of your password. It can happen a number of ways. Either your password was too weak or you logged into a fake Facebook page (phishing page) or something like that. It’s a good idea to use a strong password for all your online accounts and then change passwords every few months.
What you’ll do is:
- Change your Facebook password
- Check your activity
- Check your Facebook games apps
- Check your Facebook apps
Here are the steps to take:
1. Change your Facebook password. Do this by going to “Settings” as shown here:
Go to your passwords settings:
You can then change your password by first entering the old (current) password and then by entering the new password twice (to make sure it’s correct):
If you need help choosing a good password that’s somewhat complicated, get one generated for you at passwordsgenerator.net.
Another good way to choose a password is to use a phrase that’s kind of long. For instance, something like this:
2. Next, go to your Activity Settings by going to your profile page and click “View Activity Log” there:
Look through your activity there and look for things you didn’t do. You can make some edits there.
3. Next, you’ll want to take a good look at what Facebook apps you have installed. Sometimes people click on links that say something like “…and you won’t believe what happened next” and an app gets installed. That app can then post on your behalf (sometimes even post porn… not good).
You’ll want to check both apps and games. Let’s first check which games you have installed.
On the left side of the screen, you should see an option for “Games” under “Manage Apps” – click on that or try this link:
Then go to “Your Games” at the top or go to this link:
Look through the games listed there to make sure all of them look familiar.
You can click on the gear icon to see more about the game:
If you need to remove an app, click on the “Remove App” link at the bottom:
4. Next, let’s do the same for apps.
On the left side of the screen, you should see a “Manage Apps” link – click on that link or try this link:
There, you’ll see developer apps. You might not have any but if you do, look over that list and see what can be removed.
If you still think you’re having problems and you’ve gone through all the steps above, post what is going on below and either us or someone viewing this page may be able to offer some help.
- how to unhack your facebook
- how to unhack my facebook account
- how to unhack facebook account
- how do i unhack my facebook account
- how to unhack my facebook
- how to unhack your facebook account
- unhack my facebook account
- how do i unhack my facebok
- hack my facebook help
- unhacking a fb acct
- how to unhack a facebook account
- how to unhack a fac
- how to manage facebook hack
- how to disable my facebook account and dehack it
- how do i unhack my account
- how do you unhack your facebook