If I Unfollow Someone, Do They Know?
If you’re starting to see too many posts from a certain friend and you’d rather not see their incessant ramblings but you still want to be their friend, you have some options.
- Hide Post – You can hide the post to say you’d rather not see things like that.
- Unfollow Your Friend – You can still be their friend but just not receive their updates.
Still being their friend still allows you to communicate and you still look like friends when they see you but you just don’t see what they post.
If you do unfollow someone, they are not notified that you’ve done this. Here is what Facebook says about that:
“It looks like you recently unfollowed a friend. Don’t worry, we won’t tell you that you unfollowed them. You’ll no longer see posts from that person in your News Feed, but you’ll still be friends with them.”
So go ahead and get some of these negative influences out of your life by not seeing their depressing or annoying messages anymore.
If I Unfollow a Friend, Can They Still See My Posts?
Yes, they can see your posts. To have them not see your posts, you would need to unfriend them and make sure your posts are set to “Friends” and not to the general public (“Public”).
Another option is to put people on a restricted list.
What can someone on my restricted list see? (facebook.com)
When you add someone to your Restricted list, they’ll only be able to see your Public content or posts that you tag them in. So if you put your boss on your Restricted list, post a photo and choose Friends as the audience, your boss (and anyone else on Restricted) won’t see that photo. However, if you add a tag of your boss to the photo, we’ll let them know they’re in it and they’ll be able to see the photo. If someone else tries to tag your boss in one of your photos, you’ll get to approve this tag from your pending posts.
- when you unfollow someone And they tag you
- do people get ntifies when you follow/unfollow them on facebook
- if I follow someone on Facebook and unfollowed them will they be notified
- if i unfollow of facebook and they tag me
- if i unfollow someone do they know
- if you unfollow someone do they see ur post
- if you unfollow someone on facebook do they see your post