The “Keep Me Logged In” check box that was on the Facebook login page is missing. What happened to it?
You won’t find that option anymore because Facebook removed it. Here’s proof that it was there and now they have removed it – forever, it seems…
People would make sure that box was unchecked if they were using a public computer or someone else’s computer but now that the check box is gone, how do you know if you’ll stay logged in or not?
Make Sure You Get Logged Out of Facebook
Here’s how to make sure you get logged out of your account when you finish using Facebook.
Go to the top right menu and select “Log Out” like this:
Clear Cookies – Firefox
To make sure no cookies were left, you can follow these steps if you’re using the Firefox web browser:
1. Stay on the login page and then right-click. Select “View Page Info”
2. Click on the Permissions tab.
3. Look through the list of options for “Set Cookies”
4. Uncheck “Use Default” and then choose on “Allow for Session”
5. Close the box and you’re done.
Clear Cookies – Chrome
1. Click the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the Chrome browser and select “Settings”
2. Scroll down and click “Show advanced settings…”
3. Under the “Privacy” heading, click the button that says “Content settings…”
4. In the pop-up that appears, look under the “Cookies” heading, select the box that says “Keep local data only until you quit your browser”
5. Now click on the “Done” button in the bottom right corner, and then close your browser.
Doing this will allow sites to set cookies only until you close the web browser (and quit the program if you’re on a Mac – Command + Q). This means that when you close your browser, you’ll be logged out of Facebook.
It’s always important to log out of Facebook when you’re done using it, especially if you’re on a public computer.
- facebook login
- facebook login sign in
- facebook stay logged in gone
- keep me logged in
- where is the bottom keep me logged in on facebook