I’m at college and there are certain photos that will not show up on facebook. They will just be small white boxes. The pictures that don’t show up are the same ones every time. This is the case with all of the computers in the dorm. However, if I go to a computer lab in a different building then these pictures do show up. What could be the deal here? In the dorm it does not matter if you are hooked up by ethernet or wireless. Thanks.
You might be seeing black boxes, empty/white boxes, or broken images. There are a few things you can try if this is happening.
1. Try a Force Refresh
Do what is called a “force refresh” of the page you’re on. What this does is it clears out the cached files and gets new ones from the server. To do a force refresh on the page with the problem, hold down the SHIFT key and click the Reload button in your browser at the same time. The Reload button usually looks like an arrow going around in a circle, like this:
If things don’t change / if that doesn’t fix it, then read on.
2. Your Web Browser
Try a different web browser. If you’re still using Internet Explorer, then stop – seriously… nobody’s using it anymore and your computer might already be hacked. That’s how bad it is. Try Chrome or Firefox instead. Safari is fine to use. You can find the latest versions of web browsers over at BrowseHappy.com.
If you just installed new browser plugins or software, then that could be the problem. Consider uninstalling that software. Ad blocking software could be the problem, too.
3. Network / Router
Check your router and make sure you have a good connection to the Internet. Try restarting it by unplugging it for 10 seconds and then plugging it back in.
You could be on a network where there’s a firewall in place, blocking certain website or certain kinds of connections. Try using a different network if you can. Try a different wi-fi connection or even your mobile phone’s network (tethering). Go to a near by coffee shop and try their network.
4. Maybe It’s Facebook’s Problem
It could just be a temporary problem at Facebook. They have problems just like any other website out there and they do maintenance from time to time. Just give it some time and try it again later.
5. Still a Problem?
If the problem is still going on, you can contact Facebook about the problem and see if they can help.
- facebook pictures not showing
- pictures not showing up on facebook
- facebook does not show pictures
- why do my pictures in face book not displaying
- Why are not all pictures showing on Android up on a Facebook page
- why are my photos not showing on facebook
- why are facebook pics showing up as x
- what is causing no pictures on comfacebook
- pictures not showing in facebook
- pictures are not showing on facebook
- mypictures are not showing on facebook
- images are not showing up to identify friends on facebook
- how does facebook messenger pick your favorites
- facebook posts not showing pictures
- facebook marketplace pictures not showing
- why is my facebook picture not showing